Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of every aspect of corporate finance.
- Collaborate very closely with every functional area that provides input into a component or project’s profitability: design, engineering, procurement, logistics, demand planning, manufacturing, and product management, among others. Partnering and communicating with each of these areas effectively is important, as is iterating through scenarios and artfully challenging their assumptions without affronting their functional expertise.
- Manage development spend and bill of materials forecasts for the systems/projects you’re supporting in order to provide visibility into future consolidated profitability and cash flow.
- Present updates and results of findings with finance and engineering leadership.
- Produce monthly variance reports and commentary on actual development costs vs. forecasted development costs for projects you’re supporting.
- Support strategic decision making for the earliest development phases of components and projects and help leaders make critical sourcing, design, manufacturing capacity, and vehicle specification & performance decisions.
- At least two of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 2+ years of corporate finance, banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting experience
- MBA is a plus but not required
- CFA, FRM, CMA, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent is a plus but not required
- Ability to make sense of ambiguous situations and drive towards clarity and unity
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding of business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
- Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
- SAP/ MS Access / SQL skills are a huge plus
- Extremely detail orientated
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.