Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Serve as single point of contact for all non-regulatory standards requests and guide engineers to the resources they need.
- Manage company-wide access for regulatory and industry standards including SAE, ISO, IEC, VDA, IEEE, AIAG, etc.
- Gather information regarding the demand and cost for each type of standard to determine the most efficient access and/or subscription method.
- Select, acquire, process, and maintain collections, focusing on but not limited to external technical standards.
- Oversight of license agreements with content vendors.
- Work with departments and staff to maintain an efficient workflow for ordering and renewal in accordance with internal demands, usage statistics and budget allowance.
- Maintain database and provide access to all purchased standards for access within company.
- Ensure all standards are purchased under the appropriate license and distributed and used accordingly.
- Ensure standards are correctly referenced and integrated into the broader requirements management system.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure that library collections are discoverable and accessible.
- Ensure all standards are kept current and provide updates to the company as changes occur.
- Develop, plan and implement innovative programs and special projects for departments and staff to promote library services and resources both remote and in-person.
- Complete or assist on special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Provide a wide range of reference and recommendation services to staff
- Master’s Degree (MLS, MLIS, or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited university is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing document libraries and facility with relevant tools.
- 1-3 years’ experience with regulatory and automotive industry standards.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a corporate library is preferred.
- Experience working with integrated library system software is preferred. Experience working with web content management system and document management system is preferred.
- Experience with formal requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS, jama, etc.
- Excellent understanding of records management best-practices.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Persistence to overcome obstacles and ability to complete work in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for thoughtful organization.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.