Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Take primary responsibility for all interactions necessary to ensure Rivian products meet global electromagnetic compatibility and wireless regulations.
- Identify global EMC and RF/wireless regulations applicable to Rivian products, both on- and off-vehicle, in North America, Europe, China and other global markets.
- Define and share requirements with engineering staff to support design for compliance from project kick-off.
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholders to achieve certifications on schedule, support product registrations and permitting applications, contribute to code and committee groups to aid in renewable code advancement.
- Plan, manage, and work directly with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories to achieve product compliance.
- Monitor the status of global regulations as they are updated and research new market entry requirements.
- Communicate current and upcoming regulatory requirements to the engineering team, through formal and informal design reviews, and in our requirements management tool.
- Work with engineering design teams to address compliance from initial design conception, and remedy non-conformities.
- Ensure Rivian products meet global substance of concern and recyclability regulations.
- Monitor the status of global regulations as they are updated and research new market entry requirements. Coordinate internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliant material submissions are provided for all parts on schedule.
- Work with internal stakeholders to remedy any parts that do not comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support service team in defining end-of-life vehicle dismantling processes.
- Perform calculations to ensure vehicles meet reusability, recyclability, and recoverability thresholds.
- Support regulatory audits to ensure declarations and calculations are accurate.
- 3-5 years’ experience in EMC/RF and material compliance certification, preferably with an automotive OEM.
- A thorough understanding of the EMC/RF certification processes for radio equipment in global markets, e.g. CISPR 22: EN 55022 EMC Standard, FCC, IC, ETSI, SRRC, CE, NOM, CCC, etc., and industry certifications such as Wi-Fi Alliance, Bluetooth SIG, GCF, PTCRB.
- A thorough understanding of REACH, RoHS, ELV and RRR regulations.
- Deep curiosity to understand the product and how the regulations may be applied.
- Experience with a formal requirements management tool (jama, DOORS, etc.) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the Rivian organization as well as with government authorities and test labs.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.