Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- This role will be responsible for achieving EPA and California ARB approvals for light-, medium-, and heavy-duty vehicles, as well as supporting global emissions and environmental regulations.
- Along with the Homologation and Efficiency teams, ensure all Rivian products achieve range and energy consumption targets on time.
- Monitor the status of applicable regulations as they are updated, including EPA, CAFE, ARB, WLTP, NEDC, and other international regulations.
- Assist Engineering and Test teams in evaluating simulations, test procedures and calculation methods to ensure accurate forecasts.
- Support Homologation team and Rivian Engineering for other markets in tracking and planning for applicable environmental regulations.
- Take primary responsibility for all interactions necessary to achieve EPA and ARB certifications.
- Determine applicable test groups and configurations for fuel economy labeling and reporting.
- Manage all documentation necessary for EPA and ARB certifications, including uploading all necessary data into applicable web systems.
- Coordinate any necessary confirmatory testing.
- Represent Rivian in meetings with EPA and ARB staff.
- Assist with forecasting and tracking emission and ZEV credit accruals.
- For Senior Homologation engineer role, minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing EPA and ARB compliance, preferably on an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle program. For Manager role, 5-10 years’ experience.
- A thorough understanding of the EPA and ARB certification processes.
- A strong understanding of and interest in environmental regulations.
- A good understanding of international fuel economy and range reporting requirements.
- Deep curiosity to understand the product and how the regulations may be applied.
- Familiarity with U.S. self-certification and the European Whole Vehicle Type Approval processes and experience with other U.S. or European/ECE regulatory subjects including crash avoidance, crash worthiness or radio frequency emissions preferred.
- Experience with a formal requirements management tool (jama, DOORS, etc.) and systems engineering principles preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the Rivian organization as well as with government authorities and test labs.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.