Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
In this position you will collaborate with various team members in IT and to gain on hand experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Engage with various teams within IT to gain exposure and hands-on experience in their field of study; actively participate in a wide range of opportunities to apply practical knowledge to current business situations.
- Collaborate and coordinate work on a frequent basis with other employees in IT.
- Collect, analyze and present findings in related areas, using opportunities to apply practical knowledge and gain exposure to working with various levels of colleagues.
- Participate in work groups to broaden knowledge and enhance skills.
- Perform research and provide actionable recommendations in work-related areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing
- Understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Information Technology and Computer Science Field
- Experience or knowledge of working in an agile or scaled agile environment
- Able to communicate well with others, to perform work in a team environment
- Pervious Warehouse Experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Easily adapt to and embrace a fast moving and rapidly changing work environment
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and exhibit a highly collaborative workstyle
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.