Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Production Intern in the ESS department will be involved in a variety of projects supporting the manufacturing operations in Rivian’s assembly plant. This role will require effective communication across multiple departments and within the department. The goal will be to expose the candidate to all aspects of the manufacturing operations within the department while allowing the candidate to take ownership and deep dive a portion of the assembly process to look for added efficiencies and overall process improvements.
- Assist with the hands – on research and development process of automated battery manufacturing equipment
- Assist with documenting equipment standards as they are determined
- Assist with the processes of equipment installation, commissioning, start – up and verification of design intent
- Assist with development of equipment process control plans, maintenance plans and performance tracking methods
- Assist with creation and improvement of job element sheets and standard operating sheets
- Assist with bottleneck reductions in any area of ESS
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Business, or a Technical Engineering Discipline
- Previous work experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated project leadership
- Ability to work Hands – on with equipment, power tools, and hand tools
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.