Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Service Material Planning organization is starting our new adventure! You will be able to support Service and Accessories Material planning by ensuring your assigned components are delivered to the Service Warehouse(s) at optimal inventory levels and efficiencies. This role requires flexibility to support quick product changeover, supplier relationship management to ensure on time delivery, and an analytical approach to ensure optimal part inventory levels and quick turn analysis on exceptions. This candidate will understand the Rivian supply chain, our production processes, our warehouse operations, and our world-class Service Network.
You will collaborate and maintain partnerships across Service with Service Engineering, NPI, Demand Planning, Accessories, and Rivian’s global distribution network to successfully execute MRP planning in Rivian’s ERP system and ensure supply continuity across our global network.
- Manage safety stock and material planning master data to drive planning requirements at optimal levels
- Manage strong supplier relationships by deploying accurate supply requirements via MRP and acting as the primary point for escalation for your parts to ensure supply continuity throughout the service network (at optimal stocking levels)
- Drive any backlog recovery through clear communication to the supply base, ability to support quick turn analysis on inventory run-out and communicate clearly internally/externally
- Monitor your supplier performance through exception management reporting, supply constraints escalations, and proactive monitoring of the forecast identifying key shifts that may impact your supply
- Manage engineering changes for the commodities assigned to you through participation in the NPI process, while minimizing obsolescence and ensuring supply continuity for your parts
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
- Pursuing a BA or Masters in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations or applicable discipline
- Experience in supply chain management, manufacturing, industrial engineering, or finance
- BA or Masters in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations or applicable discipline
- Experience or strong knowledge in ERP/MRP with focused experience on product lifecycle management, EDI communications, bills of material, supply chain operations, and procure to pay processes (SAP experience a plus)
- Strong collaborator, with a positive attitude to drive change and provide excellent customer service
- Strong analytical skills – high proficiency in Excel (advanced a plus)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.