Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop work plans, delegate and manage Rivian construction staff responsible for overseeing performance of general contractors, and occasionally directly to trade subcontractors
- Monitor the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents
- Project responsibility covers from concept (via Operations/Real Estate managers), design, construction, and operations (warranty & maintenance)
- Establish or review subcontractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives, schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review meetings
- Review contract documents and monitor procurement, pre-bid conferences, and evaluations
- Coordinate activities with other Rivian staff, departments, and public agencies
- Resolve field construction problems in coordination with engineering staff, third parties, and other agencies as necessary
- Attend progress meetings, develop status reports, and deliver presentations, as required
- Recommend policy and procedure improvements
- Assist in negotiating with contractors regarding changes to design, construction work scope, and schedules
- Develop and implement a quality audit program, monitor contractor corrective actions, and ensure a quality project conforming to plans and specifications
- Resolve claims, suggest ways to mitigate impacts, and develop workarounds
- Support Rivian safety vision and comply with all safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Lead a regional construction team “the Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction projects
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of engineering
- Knowledge of design-build project delivery methodology
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple CMs effectively
- Ability to support and provide “customer service mentality” for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of contractors
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Conduct meetings and provide effective leadership to construction team members
- Monitor and review budgets within established parameters
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical materials accurately and effectively
- Effective in making objective decisions
- Strong knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.