Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Work with Body and Interior CAD and engineering teams to create and ensure CAD designs meet design, manufacturing, performance and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, document and socialize robust CAD design methods, data management, procedures, and design acceleration tools.
- Set-up, populate, and maintain virtual vehicle structure and manage system, subsystem and component information in the Enovia/CATIA V6 environment.
- Build and implement process and tools for virtual verification automation for Interior and Exterior parts/systems.
- Implement data transfer processes/methods and execute data transfers with suppliers.
- Create and distribute CAD and BOM information reports and metrics.
- Create and analyze reports and coordinate data updates for data quality and consistency.
- Assist engineering community in creation and proper management of data.
- Manage prototype build content and process.
- Facilitate CAD issue and change management and release activities, study methods for more efficient release execution and implement process improvements.
- Travel to supplier sites, and other Rivian locations (Expected travel 10-25%)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
- Formula SAE, Baja, Vehicle Restoration, Robotics, Racing or similar experience preferred
- Relative internship experience in the Tech, Automotive, or Mobility Industry is preferred
- Microsoft tools preferred
- Exposure to CAD and Product Lifecycle Management concepts and software.
- Preference for participants who have been actively involved in Adventurous or Automotive related teams, clubs, hobbies or activities
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skillsAbility to work in a fast-paced program with a diverse team
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.