Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Applying to this position will put you in consideration for an internship in Body Exteriors, Body Structures, Body Closures, Body Interiors, or Design Studio.
- Work side-by-side with Engineers assigned to critical tasks, and projects using basic Engineering first principles, problem solving skills and statics.
Manage internal resources, interface with suppliers, and collaborate with all Rivian organizations
Support design, sourcing, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities
Research, establish, and achieve targets for performance, quality, cost, investment, and weight
Write requirements, performance specifications, and DVP&Rs
Analyze Class A surface data and work iteratively with studio designers to instill engineering and manufacturing feasibility
- Creating and explaining 3D and 2D data layouts
- Support continuous improvement of processes using critical thinking, and technical ability to suggest best practices.
- Engage in debate and discussions during program reviews as a stakeholder and representative of your role.
- Be a champion of Rivian, exhibiting our values and behaviors to uphold our culture and mission.
- Travel to supplier sites, and other Rivian locations (Expected travel 10-25%)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Formula SAE, Baja, Vehicle Restoration, Robotics, Racing or similar experience preferred
- Relative internship experience in the Tech, Automotive, or Mobility Industry is preferred
- CAD Proficiency, CATIA Preferred (Open to Solidworks)
- Preference for participants who have been actively involved in Adventurous or Automotive related teams, clubs, hobbies or activities
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skillsAbility to work in a fast-paced program with a diverse team
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.