Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Reliability Engineering Intern, you will play a key role in assuring unparalleled reliability for Rivian Products, through early identification and mitigation of reliability issues in the manufacturing process.
Support the research and implementation of vehicle, component, module, and system reliability testing to provide early detection of reliability issues during mass production through ongoing reliability testing, manufacturing validation testing, hass testing and burn in testing.
· Support development of test methods and equipment to execute them.
· Development of post test teardown analysis procedures
· Document summary reports to communicate test and teardown analysis results.
· Work with quality, manufacturing engineering, design engineering, and process engineering to ensure manufacturing reliability; make recommendations to improve design and manufacturing processes.
· Assess manufacturing changes and risks, and support development of test plans to validate them.
· Root cause analysis for failures identified in tests.
· Support creation of a data system for continuous monitoring of articles under test and reporting results.
· Support creation of reporting system for test results and recurring overall program status reports for management review.
· Cascade reliability risks from the design and DFMEA to process PFMEA and control plan
Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Preferably, prior experience in a reliability engineering, quality engineering, or design engineering role. In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability:
· Understanding of root cause analysis techniques and demonstrated experience applying them.
· Experience leading cross function problem solving activities.
· Experience with statistical software such as JMP, the ReliaSoft suite, or minitab.
· Experience creating technical Powerpoint presentations
· Willingness to perform manual assembly work on test fixtures.
· Experience in a startup environment is a plus.
· A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
Familiarity with the following systems:
· Power/ High Voltage Electronics, High Voltage Distribution and Charging Systems
· High Voltage Battery module and pack
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.