Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Infotainment/Camera Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers imaging technology and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences and services. This multi-disciplinary team brings expertise in cameras, algorithms, performance software on state-of-the art compute platforms, and validation to the actual product. As an Image Processing Algorithm Engineer you will research and develop computer vision algorithms for vehicle security, and collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Collaborate with image quality testing engineers to optimize image quality and algorithm performance across a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Analyze new imaging sensors, lenses, and camera imaging architectures.
- Develop and maintain end to end algorithm models for multi-camera imagers.
- Provide simulations to analyze and showcase potential Rivian infotainment imaging experiences.
- Collaborate with platform software engineers to co-optimize algorithms and software implementation.
- Masters in EE/Computer Science/Physics with relevant emphasis in image processing, optics, or signal processing.
- 5 years relevant hands-on experience including one R&D development cycle transferring algorithm results to a platform.
- Solid understanding of key image processing algorithms and problems around multi-camera imagers including blending, color correction, HDC.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent with modelling and programming in MATLAB/Python and C/C++.
- Familiarity with sensor/camera component interactions.
- PhD in EE/Computer Science/Physics with relevant emphasis in image processing, optics, or signal processing.
- Track record of innovative thinking as evidenced by patents and peer-reviewed publications.
- Understanding and preferably hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks and Neural Network processing architectures.
- Experience with compute engines and tools for Graphics, Computer Vision, ML/AI.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.