Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Infotainment/Camera Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers imaging technology and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences and services. This multi-disciplinary team brings expertise in cameras, algorithms, performance software on state-of-the art compute platforms, and validation to the actual product. As a Senior Computer Vision engineer you will research and develop computer vision algorithms for vehicle security, and collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Manage data collection, training and validation for deep learning-based approaches.
- Collaborate with image testing engineers to optimize algorithm performance across a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Employ analytic computer vision methods when required.
- Collaborate with platform software engineers to co-optimize algorithms and software implementation on SoC.
- Masters in Computer Science/EE with relevant emphasis in computer vision or machine learning.
- 5 years relevant hands-on experience including one R&D development cycle transferring algorithm results to a platform.
- Solid understanding of machine learning, frameworks, and neural network architectures.
- Understanding of analytic computer vision methods.
- Fluent programming in MATLAB/Python and C/C++.
- Familiarity with compute engines and tools for computer vision, ML/AI.
- Familiarity with dependencies between performance of vision algorithms and image processors.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- PhD in Computer Science/EE with relevant emphasis in computer vision or machine learning.
- Track record of innovative thinking as evidenced by patents and peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with image processing systems including multi-camera systems and low-light/IR camera systems.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.