Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Develop, Integrate and test Infotainment camera and imaging use cases and user experiences (backup, surround view, 360 degree, rear view)
Create video and vision applications and services for Rivian’s in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
Research and propose end-to-end solutions for novel video, vision, graphics and AR use cases.
Collaborate with Platform Software, HMI developers, System Design, and Test Engineers to implement a modern in-vehicle experience.
Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues found during testing.
Analyze and optimize runtime performance on leading-edge embedded hardware.
Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces.
Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years development experience in Camera drivers, hardware abstraction layers , middleware and camera application development.
- Experience in Camera pipeline, imagining pipeline, graphics , rendering pipeline, integrating 3A and post processing imagining features.
- Strong understanding of camera models, calibration methods, ISP, CV, AI Engines.
- 5+ years experience with modern object-oriented languages: C++ (preferred) / Java / Kotlin. Proficiency with Python is a plus.
- Experience with POSIX-based embedded systems, one or more of Linux, Android, QNX and camera and ISP HW abstraction layers (HAL)
- Strong hands experience in debugging at system level using the evaluation and development kits.
- Experience in profiling, performance tuning, memory optimizations on cross computing platform (GPU, TPU, or DSP) is desirable.
- Experience in writing technical and architecture documents , coding practices and code reviews and software development life cycle.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.