Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Develop, Integrate and test Infotainment camera and imaging use cases and user experiences (backup, surround view, 360 degree, rear view)
Create video and vision applications and services for Rivian’s in-vehicle infotainment system which links drivers and passengers to their vehicle and the outside world.
Research and propose end-to-end solutions for novel video, vision, graphics and AR use cases.
Collaborate with Platform Software, HMI developers, System Design, and Test Engineers to implement a modern in-vehicle experience.
Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues found during testing.
Analyze and optimize runtime performance on leading-edge embedded hardware.
Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces.
Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Development experience in Camera drivers, hardware abstraction layers, middleware and camera application development.
- Experience in Camera pipeline, imagining pipeline, graphics , rendering pipeline, integrating 3A and post processing imagining features.
- Strong understanding of camera models, calibration methods, ISP, CV, AI Engines.
- Experience with POSIX-based embedded systems, one or more of Linux, Android, QNX and camera and ISP HW abstraction layers (HAL).
- Strong hands experience in debugging at system level using the evaluation and development kits.
- Experience in writing technical and architecture documents , coding practices and code reviews and software development life cycle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product.
- Master’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics.
- 5+ years of development experience in Camera drivers, hardware abstraction layers, middleware and camera application development.
- 5+ years experience with modern object-oriented languages: C++ (preferred) / Java / Kotlin.
- Experience in profiling, performance tuning, memory optimizations on cross computing platform (GPU, TPU, or DSP) is desirable.
- Proficiency with Python.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.