Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As part of Rivian’s Engineering Application team you will support engineering tools, applications on AWS cloud and high-performance computing infrastructure.
- This role will work cross functionally on various projects and operations.
- Projects include developing cluster tool or solutions, automating deployments, HPC job optimization, pre/post processing workflows, alerts, usage and performance metrics.
- Day to Day operations include supporting end-users with issues, driving root cause analysis and design task automations.
- Organize and document implemented solutions for long term information retention with our internal dashboards and documentation system.
- Help document requirements, develop functional and technical designs for automated tools that can assist users with HPC job optimizations.
Experience or expertise in installation, configuration and administration of various engineering tools such as simulations, CAE tools and web applications
Knowledge of High- performance compute platforms, Linux administration and scripting with Python, Bash or similar
Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, React and Rest APIs
Problem solving skills and basic project management skills (Agile, Waterfall)
Flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously.
Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
Interest in emerging technologies and applications, and an ability to learn, apply them to the computing environment
Bachelor’s degree is a related field is strongly desired
Nice to have Skills
- Knowledge of AWS Elastic search and Kibana tools is a plus
- Interest in working with the engineering staff and users to aid and instruct how to use the HPC resources optimally.
- Knowledge or expertise in installation, management and use of software such as compilers, scientific applications and job resource managers. Experience is LS-DYNA, Nastran, StarCCM +, Abaqus as examples.
- Experience with CAE, ML, Analytics workloads on HPC
- Knowledge and understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP and networked file systems such NFS, GFS, Lustre, GPFDS
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.