Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Experience or expertise in installation, configuration and administration of various engineering tools such as simulations/CAE tools and applications such as DFMEA/PFMEA, Quality, Reliability
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and systems administration tools such as shell scripts, Python or Perl
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, C/ C++ and Rest APIs
- Knowledge and understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP and networked file systems such NFS, GFS, Lustre, GPFDS
- Problem solving skills and basic project management skills (Agile, Waterfall)
- Flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
- Interest in emerging technologies and applications, and an ability to learn, apply them to the computing environment
- Bachelor’s degree is a related field is strongly desired
- Knowledge of AWS Elastic search and Kibana tools is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS and HPC (Omnipath and Infiniband) in cloud is a plus
- Interest in working with the scientific staff and users to aid and instruct how to use the HPC resources optimally.
- Knowledge or expertise in installation, management and use of software such as compilers, scientific applications and job resource managers. Experience is LS-DYNA, Astran, OpenFoam as examples are a plus
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.