Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Respond and support general engineering application requests – CAD, PLM/PDM, Systems Engineering
- Respond and support engineering support requests – incidents, change requests, training requests, methods development
- Be a local application expert in engineering applications
- Lead, identify, and implement applications to meet engineering & PLM needs in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices in the engineering technical domain and apply these perspectives to Rivian’s business plans and projects
- Contribute to development of Engineering and PLM IT roadmaps
- Gather business requirements, develop technical specifications, create detailed solution design, perform construction, configuration and testing of IT solutions
- Execute architectural and capability analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution
- Analyze and revise existing systems and documentation to identify remedies or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution
- Collaborate effectively with diverse set of stakeholders
- Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus
- Industry Knowledge and Expertise – Awareness of technology and Manufacturing process trends across the industry
- Requirements Analysis – Ability to prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements to meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders
- Solution Assessment & Validation - Ability to assess proposed solutions against desired business capabilities, considering the organization, and its readiness to transition to the solution
- Solution Design – Ability to execute the activities involved in conceptualizing, defining architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems
- Relationship Management – Ability to quickly create relationships and partnerships with stakeholders; is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions
- Decision Making - Consider the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of 3DExperience (or relevant PLM tool) application & technical architecture to configure/extend solutions.
- Excellent Strong knowledge of database architecture and experience in MQL on 3DExperience
- Experience in code optimization & performance tuning
- Experience in development on one or more than one modules – CATIA/ENOVIA/DELMIA
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required
- 3-5 years relevant experience with engineering systems required. Automotive or Discrete Manufacturing experience will be plus
- Experience desired: Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), 3DExperience, Cadence OrCAD, JAMA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.