Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you are responsible for the execution of daily warehouse operations for Service Parts and Accessories with a strong focus on exceeding customer expectations. You will promote safe working behaviors, help develop quality focused processes, maintain organized cleanliness, and continuously strive for improvement opportunities. This role will require strong leadership skills, an ability to zoom out and resolve gaps with external teams, and consistent strategic focus to challenge current industry practices of distribution and service levels.
- Evaluate safety, quality, and performance levels to identify and seek out new innovations, and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
- Foster an environment in which safety is the highest priority, and coach safe powered equipment and material handling practices
- Manage, train, and develop a team of front-line supervisors, coordinators, and warehouse associates to support facility objectives
- Assist in the implementation of SAP EWM solution, and work with cross functional teams to further refine Rivian’s ERP solution
- Ensure that department staff are maintaining standard work documentation, training, attendance, overtime, and process adherence
- Maintain an organized warehouse operation that focuses on housekeeping standards and applies 5S principles
- Support, teaches, and confirms adherence to all standard processes
- Communicate identified best practices, process changes, operational issues/concerns, and general business updates to team
- Ensure adherence to corporate goals, objectives, and policies
- Build a team to support inbound, storage, kitting, repackaging, and outbound requirements
- Collaborate with Service Field operations, Supply Chain Planning, Demand Planning, and other key partners to provide customer orientated solutions
- 8+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in warehouse operations and distribution
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading a staff in a warehouse environment
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field or 10+ years of experience in Automotive Service Parts
- MS or MBA preferred in related discipline
- SAP WM or EWM experience (a plus)
- Experience with brownfield or greenfield warehouse support and development
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change cross functionally
- Clear understanding of planning systems, warehouse management systems, and kitting/repackaging operations
- Experience in leading teams with a proven track record of performance in an automotive/high-tech environment
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Required to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Travel Requirements of 5-10% within North America
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.