Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The over-the-air update team mission is to continuously deploy the software updates not only to reduce recalls but make our products better every day. Our solution is built from the ground up to provide an end-to-end solution for updating a full vehicle software that includes more than 50+ ECUs firmware and applications.
The Vehicle OTA team is responsible for implementing the software architecture that spans multi-ECU to have a robust update mechanism.
As a Sr. Embedded Engineer you will be responsible to lead, develop, test and release the most complex feature of the vehicle.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams for design, development, and integrations.
Support integration and acceptance through lab and field testing.
- Strong hands-on experience with Multi-ECU OTA Software updates
- 3+ years of Expertise in C++, Java, or other high-level object-oriented programming languages.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Multi-threaded / multi-process programming in embedded Linux environments
- Exposure to the Qt Framework
- Experience with modern development tools: git, Jira, various IDEs, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience on real-time embedded software development and troubleshooting
- Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- C++, Linux application development, experience with embedded software development.
- OTA, CI/CD, Agile
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.