Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Building Maintenance Technician will support the overall Workplace team. This role will manage preventative maintenance, equipment, vendor set-up, furniture builds, furniture deployment, incoming ticket requests, assist in space management and much more.
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems
- Maintain and operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Onboard, manage and submit POs for vendors
- Track and maintain budget for building maintenance
- Support EH&S team by complying with all safety procedures and requirements
- Prepare and respond to work orders in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Regularly conduct space walkthroughs to ensure the highest standards on space cleanliness, organization, and proactive maintenance needs
- Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the site
- Be the onsite point of contact for all technical facility needs
- Assist in commissioning new spaces (facilities, labs, offices) new office set-up
- Complete onsite moves and set-up
- Minimum 2 years of facility maintenance experience
- A positive and engaging attitude
- Prior experience as a facility technician
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Experience with power tools and building furniture
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office abilities and proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Ability to be flexible and change practices that are not accomplishing needed results
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.