Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Lead Technician will support the overall Workplace team. This role will manage preventative maintenance, equipment, vendor set-up, furniture builds, furniture deployment, incoming ticket requests, assist in space management and much more.
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems
- Maintain and operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Onboard, manage and submit POs for vendors
- Track and maintain budget for building maintenance
- Support EH&S team by complying with all safety procedures and requirements
- Prepare and respond to work orders in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Regularly conduct space walkthroughs to ensure the highest standards on space cleanliness, organization, and proactive maintenance needs
- Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the site
- Be the onsite point of contact for all technical facility needs
- Assist in commissioning new spaces (facilities, labs, offices) new office set-up
- Complete onsite moves and set-up
- Minimum 2 years of facility maintenance experience
- A positive and engaging attitude
- Prior experience as a facility technician
- EPA 608 certification.
- Trade certification in HVAC, Electrical, or related fields is highly desirable
- Proven working knowledge of GMP facility systems including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and fire suppression systems
- Ability to read, and interpret operation & maintenance manuals, blueprints, schematics, engineering sketches, diagrams, and other drawings
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Experience with power tools and building furniture
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office abilities and proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Ability to be flexible and change practices that are not accomplishing needed results
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.