Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
You’ll take the adventure of a lifetime. Rivian is pushing the boundaries of what can be done in a vehicle; you’ll help us do that.
You’ll work with a team of top-notch engineers and scientists to build in-vehicle tools tracking vehicle performance and reliability metrics. You’ll create a framework for monitoring and assessing vehicle health that has never been done
- Aid development of models to predict vehicle wear based on vehicle diagnostic signals
- Design data processing systems and optimize data pipelines
- Build and operationalize data processing systems
- Work closely with engineers to scale physics-based models from a vehicle prototype to entire Rivian fleet
- Operationalize machine learning models
- Work with vehicle signals to provide early detection of unique wear mechanisms
- Create the foundation for a data driven, edge-based fault detection platform that will run on all Rivian vehicles
- Pursuing a Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics, with a focus on Data Science (open to Bachelors)
- Strong Python and/or C/C++ coding skills
- Passion for building an amazing product
- Interest in working on a unique team with diverse technical backgrounds to create a ground-breaking vehicle application
- Ability collaborate with data scientists, firmware engineers, and mechanical engineers working alongside you; ability to thrive in a close-knit cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to teammates
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.