Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Be the Directly Responsible Individual for:
- Hosting weekly product delivery team (PDT) meetings with program suppliers
- Tracking issues and managing program risk using program management tools
- Managing design changes with the appropriate program stakeholders
- Raising discussions and providing resolutions to electrical, mechanical, or application-level problems that arise during the course of the program
- Alignment of collaborators in the resolution of open issues as well as engineering change requests.
- Maintaining and releasing drawings and ensuring that our PLM tools reflect the necessary industrial design intent while maintaining functional requirements
- CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components (either within Rivian or performed by a supplier) and the documentation of those activities
- Technical Program managers to communicate and inform schedule and risk.
- Industrial Design to translate design intent to our suppliers or other design responsible parties
- Electric Power Conversion stakeholders and experts to ensure buy-in and buy-off of
- Product Management to ensure that the product continues to deliver on functional requirements for customers
- Supply Chain to ensure POs are released on-time
- Cross-Functional Company-Wide Subject Matter Experts to bring-in relevant experience to solve technical issues
Report on and Escalate:
- Weekly progress with respect to plan and schedule
- New and outstanding program-level risks and issues
- Key and gating technical decisions, so they can be made with expedience
- Curiosity, persistence and a knack for problem solving
- Ability to identify and communicate risks and drive open issues to closure
- Experience leading and managing Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and/or Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs)
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling, drafting, and release (CATIA V6 / ENOVIA a plus)
- Working Knowledge of DVP, DFMEA, DFSS
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (Mandarin speaking ability a plus)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in either Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical or electrical engineering of high-power electromechanical components (experience with EVs a plus)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.