Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will set up and run development and validation tests (thermal, vibration, humidity, corrosion, electrical performance) on High Voltage Power Electronic components.
- Provide direction to lab personnel (both in house and at outside test labs) setting up and executing environmental tests
- Document test results and provide test reports
- Support technical root cause and resolution of issues found during test
- Select and install instrumentation needed to collect response data from the test item during testing (accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure gauges, thermocouples, voltage sense leads, etc.)
- Utilize standard test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters and flowmeters with no direction
- Fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing
- Design and fabricate simple mechanical fixtures and jigs
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Technical degree in electronics or mechanics
- 3+ years of experience with environmental validation testing
- 3+ years of experience fabricating special electronic test equipment and test harnesses
- Experience working with high voltage and an understanding of high voltage safety practices
- Experience using common machine shop equipment
- High level of soldering skill
- Understand how to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done
- Ability to support testing at outside testing facilities
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.