Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian brand digital design team is looking for a Product Design Intern to join a team of full-stack product designers to concept, define, and design well thought-out user interfaces for new and existing Rivian customers. Our team designs all of the product experiences outside the vehicle– our web platform (the website, configurator, purchase and account experiences), our in-store digital experiences, as well as the native Rivian mobile app companion to the vehicle. You’ll collaborate with your fellow designers on the team, as well across teams with product managers, other design teams, and engineering.
- Define and design user experiences for products that are progressive, exciting, beautiful, and easy to use
- Support in evolving product features into wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity designs and prototypes
- Work with Engineering to define and build the design system
- Help define and build out the material design foundation and documentation
- Work with your design team to review past products and current products to ensure design consistency across the experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in a design-related field
- Some experience (internships, personal projects, or school projects) working as a digital designer within interactive, UI, visual, and/or product design fields
- Good body of work that demonstrates an understanding of product design as it applies to native, responsive web, and/or alternative digital products (online body of work required for application)
- Some experience iterating on products as well as building products from scratch
- Visual design skills
- Experience working with and utilizing design systems
- Experience and familiarity with mobile UI design paradigms
- Expertise with tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.