Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to perform thermal performance and durability analysis on Battery components, modules, and packs. Compile test/simulation reports and deliver presentations to the team of stakeholders.
- Perform thermal performance and durability analysis on Battery components, modules, and packs.
- Compile reports of ongoing thermal testing and simulation using MATLAB/Simulink and Microsoft Office tools. Evaluate components performance against provided metrics.
- Perform tasks related to DOE for simulation modeling:
- Document the inputs to the model
- Submit batch runs on cluster
- Troubleshoot simulation models
- Pre- and post- process the data
- Create reports from simulation outputs.
- Create reports from 1000+ hours of durability test data, clearly communicating the progress of the testing and outcomes.
- Deliver presentations to the team of stakeholders.
- Attend meetings and workshops.
- Graduate Degree Program in Mechanical Engineering.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Excellent understanding of Heat Transfer (Conduction, Convection, and Radiation), Fluid Flow, and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Excellent understanding of thermal resistance circuit analysis, lumped capacitance method, and knowledge of 1D thermal modeling method.
- Excellent understanding of Joule heating and electrical circuit modeling.
- Excellent knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink and Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of durability data analysis method is a plus.
- Knowledge of 1D and 3D simulation tools such as Amesim and Star CCM+ is a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Desire to learn new concepts and innovative methods of performing tasks.
- Organized and detail oriented.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.