Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Help build a world-class e-commerce platform that will enable learning about and purchasing and using electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
- Build software applications and digital experiences used by large international audiences.
- Build serverless micro-services at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second running on a cloud platform.
- Work with Engineering teams to build tools to automate and monitor the deployment of hundreds of services across AWS Cloud Infrastructure such as EKS/K8S and Lambda.
- Deploy AWS Cloud services and Infrastructure using Terraform best practices.
- Build testing, automation and integrations with GitLab and other CICD tools.
- Write APIs and web applications to integrate Engineering productivity tools across Rivian Engineering.
- Develop REST APIs to integrate with other services.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university, preferably graduating in December 2021 or spring 2022
- Preferred experience working on a dynamic team or in a corporate setup.
- Knowledge of REST APIs, both writing and application.
- Knowledge of or project experience in Micro-service architecture, Docker Containers and Source Control systems such as GIT.
- High interest in learning about AWS Cloud Computing.
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks such as JUnit.
- Passion for test driven development.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.