Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As Functional Safety Engineer - Hardware, you will be responsible for performing functional safety analysis of internally designed hardware sub-systems.
- Support implementation of technical safety requirements at the hardware level
- Working with the hardware design architects to drive specific hardware safety requirements
- Experience with various analysis methods (FTA and FMEA) supporting hardware architectural design
- Specific experience in functional safety analysis methods (FMEDA) is essential
- Supporting the Reliability organization in deriving FIT rates for hardware components
- Developing verification and validation methods to support testing of hardware safety mechanisms
- Writing test procedures and supporting testing of hardware sub-systems
- Documenting all relevant safety requirements, analysis, architecture implementation, verification, and validation events for each sub-system
- Over 5 years of experience developing safety hardware within the automotive or equivalent industries (e.g. aerospace)
- Experience with ISO 26262:2018 Part 5 and/or ISO 26262:2018 Part 11
- Detailed knowledge of electronics design and development process
- Detailed experience analyzing circuits
- Degree education in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
- Proven experience working on multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.