Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Digital Photography Tech Intern will be responsible for helping to maintain, edit and curate Rivian’s photo library.
This role works directly with the Production and Photography teams to perfect content made internally that enriches the Rivian brand, its people and its products. You must also be able to recognize when an asset needs work to fit the brand aesthetic, as well as be able to curate sets of imagery that communicates a story.
- Organize and properly size incoming photos in preparation for retouching
- Help to retouch and edit imagery
- Assist the Rivian Production Team with internal photo shoots
- Assist in set up & tear down of studio equipment
- Assist in equipment inventory + inspect to ensure fully operational
- Collaborate with team for upcoming creative shoots
- Assist with digital technology needs
- Tasks will include asset management duties, photoshopping and sizing. Strong photography skills not required but a plus.
- Pursuing a Bachelors of Fine Art or relative fields
- Detail oriented, creative thinker, who is passionate about editing and photography
- Understanding of existing shooting processes for high volume production and knowledge of photography
- Proficient MAC computer user, must also be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Capture One
- Strong file management and time management skills
- Ability to adapt / balance priorities amid shifting deadlines
- Ability to operate digital camera + other equipment (tripods stands, strobe lights etc.)
- It’s a plus if this person can make entertaining gifs and layout type over imagery.
- Less than 20% travel may be required
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.