Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Internship Term: Summer 2021
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
We are looking for a Purchasing intern to support our team in buying capital equipment for the Rivian assembly lines. The intern will build strategies to provide Rivian with the most optimal cost, quality and delivery performance. The candidate is required to have a good understanding for supply chain processes, manufacturing fundamentals and project management skills. They would be required to work cross functionally with engineering, design, finance and legal teams as well as externally with suppliers to support the design and development of a strong supply base for program launches.
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production vehicles through leveraged negotiations to achieve vehicle cost targets
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Pursuing undergraduate or Masters in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams on a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot various technical issues and research effective solutions
- Proficient in Excel for data analytics and BI software for data visualization. Desire to learn new tools/methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and analytic skills to convert data into decision and insightful stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.