Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a data analyst intern for Capex Purchasing to support our team in buying capital equipment for the Rivian assembly lines. The intern will build tools and utilize supply chain data to provide Rivian with the most optimal cost, quality and delivery performance. The candidate is required to have a good understanding for supply chain processes, data analytics tools and project management skills. They would be required to work cross functionally with data infrastructure, finance, purchasing and program management teams as well as externally with suppliers to collect data.
- Partner with procurement managers, program managers and engineers to understand and solve supply chain problems through data analytics, business systems implementation and supply chain management
- Develop and manage key procurement and supply chain metrics for CapEx procurement – cost, delivery, quality performance and risk management.
- Draw insights from supply chain metrics and underlying data to propose supply chain solutions like cost reduction opportunities, supply and design optimization and inventory optimization
- Create and own reporting tools using Business Intelligence tools and monitor KPI’s to drive corrective action and maintain high performance
- Manage analytics projects and lead execution across cross-functional teams.
- Support implementation and integration of internal systems & applications to enhance business process, improve access to information and data normalization
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Pursuing undergraduate or Masters in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to own and support projects from inception to release through self-supervision, problem solving, and time management
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams on a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot various technical issues and research effective solutions
- Experience with BI software (preferably Tableau) and Microsoft Office applications, including a desire to learn new tools/methodologies (VBA and SQL is a plus)
- Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and analytic skills to convert data into decision and insightful stories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.