Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead the consumer finance operations team, training, coaching, mentoring and recruiting new employees in the United States and Canada
- Sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results
- Create, maintain and manage consumer finance operational processes, constantly searching for ways to improve customer experience and increase efficiency of digital and manual processes
- Influence bank partner underwriting leadership teams to adjust policies in order to improve customer experience, conversion and maximize operational efficiency
- Interact directly with customers on escalated items to resolve complex credit application decisions and help customers complete their financing in an expeditious manner while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Act as subject matter expert for consumer finance operations team for other Rivian teams on finance policies and processes, documenting processes as needed.
- Work with internal stakeholders to support/guide financing program expansion in other markets as needed.
- Create processes and procedures that ensure all finance contract documents and funding packages are accurate and will result in prompt funding by partners
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports, customers and stakeholders
- Support compliance audits as needed
- Meet or exceed team and individual Key Performance Indicators
- 8+ years relevant experience in auto/installment loan/lease financial services operational roles (e.g. underwriting, funding, customer service, titles, remarketing etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with auto finance software systems
- Experience using CRM systems is preferred
- Strong collaboration skills and positive, high energy, can-do attitude
- Ability to manage a growing team
- Ability to execute with minimal direction/independent judgement
- Ability to multi-task while providing exceptional quality of work and strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- Excellent written and verbal language skills
- Department: Consumer Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA, Irvine, CA or Chicago, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.