Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Commercial Operations Program Manager will be responsible for building programmatic framework, creating operational plans, and ensuring operational excellence for Rivian's Commercial portfolio globally. This includes Retail, Service and Charging locations both domestically and internationally. In true start up fashion, many of these programs do not exist or have opportunity for refinement as the company scales. Rivian is looking for an experienced individual who is a self-started, collaborative, creative, highly organized, and communicative leader to champion these programs within the Commercial Operations team on a global scale.
- Implement and Maintain Facilities and Commercial Programs: Kick off, operate, and maintain each program. This includes vendor management, budget management, ensuring operational excellence by establishing and tracking key performance indicators, etc. In scenarios where another department may manage the program, create the transition plan.
- Program Communications: Create and implement a communication plan for each program that lands with employees, by way of partnering with Brand, Internal Communications, Facilities, People, and other internal stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: This role will be responsible for keeping projects and programs relevant and adjust programs as needed to best support the business as needed. As part of continuous improvement, this role will continuously deliver thoughtful, fresh, efficient, and effective programs.
- Partner: This role will require a high level of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The expectation for this role is to build strong relationships and engage and collaborate as needed to continuously meet program objectives.
- New Programs or Ad Hoc Projects: The Facilities and Commercial Operations teams oversee a wide variety of scope; as the company evolves so will the role, which will require engagement in new programs or ad hoc projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in international project/program management
- Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across multiple functions and at all levels, both within and outside of the company.
- People management experience
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office tools and other ability to craft digital presentations
- Proficient in Figma and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven ability to manage third party vendor relationships
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with the ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to travel, ~25%, depending on business needs
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.