Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Responsible for making sure our stores, service centers and charging stations operate as effectively as possible, the Commercial Operations Manager functions as the backbone of our customer facing locations, ensuring they have everything they need to offer an exceptional experience to our customers. This role is tasked with ensuring the smooth opening and continued operation of locations within your territory; this involves working across multiple departments within Rivian and multiple levels of leadership. Additionally, you will be tasked with directly overseeing repairs and maintenance programs as well as capital improvement projects to ensure they are competed on time and within the allotted budget.
- Visit each location within your territory, ensuring all locations are maintained to current Rivian brand standards
- Manage New Site Openings (NSO’s) within your territory in partnership with our Real Estate, Design, and Construction teams, utilizing NSO timeline and commissioning checklist
- Host and manage NSO launch meetings
- Ensure that all recurring maintenance activities are setup during NSO process and continue in life (i.e. utilities, HVAC, paint, landscaping, snow removal, etc.)
- Manage all vendors at locations within territory, providing a constant stream of feedback to ensure Rivian standards are exceeded
- Identify and/or respond to any Small Works Request (SWR) that is requested by any site within territory. This involves working collaboratively across multiple departments and facilitating discussions with leadership to ensure alignment. Managing this process through all phases including scope, cost, design, bidding, and execution.
- Initiate and manage remodel process for all sites within territory at the appropriate time. Managing this process through all phases including scope, cost, design, bidding, and execution.
- Manage Fleet within all Commercial locations, ensuring they have the correct display and test drive vehicles needed
- Assist as needed with ad hoc projects
- 5+ years of facilities and project management experience
- 3+ years of retail industry experience a plus
- Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across multiple functions and at all levels, both within and outside of the company
- Experience directly managing large scale retail programs and rollouts
- Experience initiating and managing retail and service center maintenance and operational programs
- Proven superior attention to detail
- Proven knowledge with CMMS software
- Self-starter who is goal oriented highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Experience managing small- and large-scale retail programs
- Strong understanding of project management methods principals for retail and service environments
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.