Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Deep Learning Engineer you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian. Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world, both globally and relative to its environment. This is accomplished by various detection algorithms on sensors (cameras/lidars/radars). The data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors are then fused to create a complete understanding of the surroundings.
- In this role, you will be involved in developing models for object detection/classification, free space estimation on various cameras placed around the vehicle and work on the infrastructure needed for data collection, training and validation.
- You will also get exposure to migrating these models to a real-time embedded system, prototyping on autonomous vehicles, testing, and completing functional safety and productization activities.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Detection and classification of objects, signs etc.
- Semantic segmentation
- Optimizing and deploying inference on embedded processors
- Experience with defining annotation work-flow and quality control
- Data mining tools from vehicle sensor logs
- Strong Python programming background
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Experience with training and network optimization
- Experience in automotive applications
- Prototyping real-time applications
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.