Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Facilities Real Estate team is Rivian’s in-house real estate arm focused on growing the company’s physical presence in the built world. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic deal-maker who can manage and execute a real estate roll-out, excel in a fast-paced environment, and effectively communicate cross-functionally in a highly collaboratively setting. The Real Estate Manager is also expected to aid in the creation of systems and processes that ensure organizational efficiencies within the growing department.
In summary, the Real Estate Manager will primarily manage the roll-out of our Commercial Retail and Service programs in targeted west coast markets.
- Responsible for site selection and negotiation of new retail and service properties in the designated region.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and other market data to identify and prioritize key markets.
- Lead and manage the due diligence process.
- Manage and maintain relationships with brokers, landlords, municipalities and other stakeholders.
- Negotiate LOIs and work letters for properties selected.
- Negotiate leases and purchase and sale agreements alongside Legal team.
- Understand zoning and DMV licensing requirements per state and work with business partners to establish a dealer’s license for each location, as required.
- Coordinate closely with all internal stakeholders including, sales/customer experience, service, concept design, construction, finance, legal and lease administration to lead and complete new location development.
- Manage deal timeliness, property standards, and budget goals alongside internal partners.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to validate our real estate strategy, including lease terminations, consolidations, expansions, renewals and relocations.
- Strong experience of commercial real estate deal making experience across multiple real estate product types, with an emphasis on retail preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Understanding of real estate principles, concepts, and legal terms
- Ability to create and interpret Pro forma, Cash Flow Analysis and Basic deal tracking structures
- Ability to identify and report site specific conditions
- Exceptional ability to gather, analyze and present demographic and financial data in executive level reports
- Experience with municipal planning and zoning procedures
- Regional (multi-state) market knowledge preferred
- Passion for electric vehicles and sustainability
- Ability to travel regionally at least twice per month is preferred. At the moment, this is flexible – employee safety is of utmost importance at Rivian surrounding travel risks with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.