Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Cloud team is at the center of Rivian’s ‘data universe’, as well as at the center of all customer-facing business processes. Rivian’s Cloud model is the most progressive in the industry, collecting and processing petabytes of data from our customer fleet.
This is what you’ll do:
You will work on Rivian’s Cloud team as a Sr. Big Data Software Engineer. You will be involved in designing, building, and deploying a highly distributed, cloud-based analytics query engine to retrieve and process large volume of data arriving from our connected vehicles.
The automobile is the next big computing platform and data is fundamental to the digital products and services that will arise from it. Having Amazon as a major investor and partner allows us to be brave and innovative in this area. Our vehicles are the ultimate IoT devices and they generate high-quality data. Come be part of this revolution.
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus
· Five plus years programming in Python, Java or Scala
· Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem
· Experience working data processing frameworks like Spark, Flink or Beam
· Experience developing or working on streaming processing engines
· Experience with AWS’s big data products – e.g. Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, Athena, Kinesis, S3
· Experience designing and building highly scalable distributed and multitenant systems
· Understanding of REST API services and applications
· Working knowledge of Kubernetes, EKS, ECS is a plus
· Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development)
· Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models
· Understanding of cloud security models
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.