Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying merchandise from the online
- store to configuring their vehicles and scheduling their service
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage and load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, with 10+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building highly resilient and scalable distributed systems that handle millions of transactions/second.
- Mindset to deliver innovation while building & shipping software at scale.
- Provide architectural guidance & mentorship to up-level engineering & operational excellence.
- Actively improve the level of craftsmanship by developing best practices and defining best strategies.
- Work closely with and influence product & technology partners to help define roadmap.
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right solutions for long & short.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping.
- Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP experience
- Experience with Node, Webpack, GraphQL a plus
- Experience with Serverless Architectures a plus
- Experience working with AWS or GCP, and CDNs
- Great understanding of SEO & Web accessibility principles
- Great understanding of caching, security and privacy principles
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.