Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Join a highly capable team to design industry leading power electronic conversion units for Rivian’s electric vehicles. In this position will be responsible for development of controller boards which are used in high-power electrical applications
- Interact with power electronics, embedded software, mechanical, system, eCAD and component engineers
- Work with team to capture and understand the requirements for controller board
- Participate in selection of the processor and FPGA to support the embedded controls
- Create circuit design to meet requirements
- Select all key components on the controller board
- Interact with suppliers on critical components
- Use CAD program to perform schematic capture
- Define board requirements, such as layer stack-up, special requirements for signal integrity, noise immunity, and current handling
- Be responsible for PWB of the controller board including layout
- Work in lab to test controller board and verify all circuit operation
- Support integration of controller into larger unit. Help troubleshoot and debug issues as needed.
- Analyze and simulate circuits and components
- Perform worst case analysis
- Develop functional test requirements document for controller board
- Support transition of board build and test to contract manufacturer
- Minimum BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience designing circuit boards for embedded controls in automotive or industrial applications
- Experience with propulsion inverters and/or DC Fast Chargers a plus
- Detailed knowledge on the circuitry found on typical automotive controller board
- Understanding of interfaces between controller board and high-power converter
- Sensors, gate drivers, etc
- Familiar with power supply to convert 12V to other voltage forms needed on controller
- Deep understanding of analog to digital conversion
- Experience using FPGA
- Familiar with relevant IPC standards
- Knowledge of high-speed design rules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.