Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Deep Learning Engineer you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian. Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world, both globally and relative to its environment. This is accomplished by various detection algorithms on sensors (cameras/lidars/radars). The data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors are then fused to create a complete understanding of the surroundings.
- As a Deep Learning Engineer you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian.
- In this role, you will be involved in developing models for object detection/classification, free space estimation on various cameras placed around the vehicle and work on the infrastructure needed for data collection, training and validation.
- You will also get exposure to migrating these models to a real-time embedded system, prototyping on autonomous vehicles, testing, and completing functional safety and productization activities.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 0-3 years related experience
- 3+ years experience for Sr. Engineer
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Detection and classification of objects, signs etc.
- Semantic segmentation
- Optimizing and deploying inference on embedded processors
- Experience with defining annotation work-flow and quality control
- Data mining tools from vehicle sensor logs
- Strong Python programming background
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- Productization of inference models on embedded platforms
- Experience with training and network optimization
- Experience in automotive applications
- Prototyping real-time applications
- Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.