Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
· Lead a team of diagnostic development engineers who serve as subject-matter experts for various vehicle domains, specifically targeting manufacturing and service
· Ensure diagnostic consistency across all teams and asset programs
· Be the central interface between engineering, manufacturing and service with regards to definition and implementation of onboard diagnostics
· Organize feedback from stakeholders to facilitate continuous improvement within embedded controllers and Rivian’s proprietary diagnostic ecosystem
· Oversee, guide and organize DFMEA activities across sub-systems to ensure appropriate analysis from component up to vehicle, ensuring necessary diagnostic coverage
· Oversee, guide and organize PFMEA activities to ensure appropriate definition of required processes and diagnostic services to facilitate vehicle assembly at the production plant
· Drive diagnostic system coverage requirements based on DFMEA and PFMEA outputs
· Drive development of diagnostic monitoring strategies including: detailed requirements definition and algorithm development
· Work with module groups (firmware and software domain controller teams) to ensure appropriate implementation of code
· Work with the broader diagnostics team to ensure implementation of diagnostic platform including: aide troubleshooting bugs, update requirements and implementation from feedback, provide support to testing, integration and calibration activities
· Work with the diagnostics PM to provide regular, metric-based, project updates to management team on state of diagnostics across the vehicle domains
· Provide necessary documentation and information to the service organization to facilitate creation of service documentation
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.