Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as UX, UI, System Architecture, etc. to agree on display feature designs and requirements.
- Create, and review display software module designs to realize desired functions.
- Implement display software aligned with the overall system design and software development process standards.
- Create unit tests and debug issues arising from testing and validation activities.
- Measure, analyze, and optimize for key performance indicators and resource usage.
- Investigate and root cause display issues reported from vehicle testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Display subsystem on embedded platforms using C or C++, preferably in automotive or consumer electronics industry.
- Proficiency with data communications like MIPI-DSI, DP, FPD-Link III, CAN, LIN, I2C, HDMI, or LVDS.
- Display driver feature development.
- Hands-on experience bringing up embedded display system, while working closely with a hardware team.
- Experience implementing display diagnostics or manufacturing test is a bonus.
- Worked on initializing, configuring, and bringing up display serializers.
- Understanding of Linux/Android display driver and video path.
- Solid understanding and experience of embedded systems, firmware, high-speed interfaces in electronics and middleware to give rich graphical experience.
- Experienced in all aspects of system and product development lifecycle and shipping products out of the door.
- Experience with video processing on Linux, Android, or QNX frameworks.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.