Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Smart Diagnostic Systems mission is to ensure our products are always capable of keeping our customers out on their adventure.
We achieve our mission by developing the most advanced integrated diagnostic system in the world; capable of proactively monitoring, analyzing and learning from our fleets throughout their lifecycle.
The Diagnostics Cloud team is tasked with developing the tools that will help in developing the root cause analysis system that captures vehicle and diagnostic data to drive fault understanding, recognition and prevention to multiple stakeholders. In this role you will drive development of frontend, backend and infrastructure pieces to empower users of multiple technical levels to troubleshoot, root cause, and rectify issues of our assets throughout their lifecycle.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Lead, build, test and release complex mission critical full-stack products for Rivian’s fleet diagnostic system
· Gain a unique into how EV’s work inside-out and strengthen your EV domain knowledge
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams for development and integrations
· Develop reactive user interfaces for numerous different personas
· Build and optimize highly reliable, scalable and distributed micro-services
· Use automation as an opportunity to reduce roadblocks and achieve deliverables
· Work with awesome people, participate in team culture and build an adventurous future
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· BA in Engineering (Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related degree)
· 5+ years of software engineering experience (level negotiable on experience)
· Solid understanding of databases like Postgres and RESTful API design
· Experience in Python or Golang
· Unit testing and test-driven development experience
· Systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience
· Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
· Strong understanding of OOPse
· Masters Degree in related field
· Worked at a SaaS or business software company
· Experience with vehicle communication protocols such as DoCAN, DoIP, FlexRay, LIN
· Knowledge of diagnostic standards (UDS, ISO-14229 / ISO-15765, SAE J1979, J2534, FuSA ISO-26262, etc.)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.