Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Smart Diagnostic Systems mission is to ensure our products are always capable of keeping our customers out on their adventure.
We achieve our mission by developing the most advanced integrated diagnostic system in the world; capable of proactively monitoring, analyzing and learning from our fleets throughout their lifecycle.
The Diagnostics Cloud team is tasked with developing the tools that will help in developing the root cause analysis system that captures vehicle and diagnostic data to drive fault understanding, recognition and prevention to multiple stakeholders. In this role you will lead the backend services development and reliability, partnering closely with the broader Rivian infrastructure teams, to enable the reliability and success of the diagnostics cloud team.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Lead, build, test and release complex mission critical infrastructure services for Rivian’s fleet diagnostic system
· Setup staging, sandbox, QA and production environments with proper capacity planning
· Own CI/CD pipeline for the diagnostics team at large
· Define on-call strategy and participate in support rotations
· Make developers lives smooth via automated workflows
· Build and optimize highly reliable, scalable, and distributed infra and micro-services
· Collaborate with security team to perform audits
· Gain a unique look into how EV’s work inside-out and strengthen your EV domain knowledge
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams for development and integrations
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 3+ years of software engineering experience
· Experience authoring, monitoring, scaling and managing production infrastructure
· Experience debugging production systems
· Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
· Worked with Python or Go and git
· CI/CD and test automation frameworks (Jenkins, Cypress.io
, Appium, UI automation, Bazel, CircleCI, etc.)
· Microservice oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (Kubernetes, Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Airflow, etc.)
· Infrastructure as Code and configuration management (Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
· Masters Degree in related field
· Worked at a SaaS or business software company
· Linux internals and network configuration and protocols
· Experience building production infrastructure from scratch
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.