Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
· The Cyber Security Architect is a technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian
· The Architect is a thought leader on cyber security throughout the organization and especially within IT
· You will lead the design efforts to correctly architect an environment that is secured by design
· This role will engage with other security architects working in varous areas of the business
· Build relationships and delivery architectural artifacts
· 7+ years of cyber security experience.
· This role will be mainly focused on 2 areas: Network security and AWS security.
· develop the security architectural standards, reference architectures, subdomain strategies and roadmaps, which will be used to define the security principles and constructs
· Design security controls for cloud environments such as AWS (including serverless, containerized service architecture)
· Design and guide the implementation of Rivian’s cyber security roadmap, including: Operational Technologies, advanced threat prevention, SIEM, endpoint protection, big data platforms, threat hunting, network access, privileged access management, intrusion detection, network monitoring, system hardening, network segmentation, vulnerability management, email protections, 3rd party access and detection controls, IAM and etc.
· Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
· Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
· Provide thought leadership to the organization on all thing’s cyber security
· Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
· Mentor other members of the information security team
· Maintain expertise on the organization’s cyber risk posture, business strategy, drivers, systems, processes, and people to ensure the cyber security roadmap and controls are aligned and optimized
· Research, evaluate, and implement new security prototypes to meet an ever-evolving cyber risk posture
· Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
· lead cross-functional teams
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.