Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Cyber Security engineer is a hands-on technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian.
- You will research the market, pilot technologies, implement, document and operationalize technologies supporting Rivian’s core mission.
- You will lead the Implementation efforts in a wide range of cyber security projects. Build relationships and operationalize systems and processes
- 5+ years of cyber security experience.
- Implementing security systems and operationalizing them (documenting requirements, working with vendors, setting up & configuring, creating knowledge articles, preforming handover to relevant operations team) .
- Expertise with the following technologies and capabilities:
- Microsoft security tool stack
- End-point-detection-response (tech such as: Cylance, CrowdStrike, Carbon black, SentinelOne)
- Vulnerability management tools and process
- Email gateway
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Web Gateway
- Cloud access security broker (CASB)
- Network & user anomaly detection
- Preforming system hardening
- Supporting threat hunting missions
- Good understanding of the cyber security ecosystems from a technology perspective (agility of working with startups to generate additional value, and ensure established technologies are used as well)
- Experience working at an AWS centric environment.
- Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
- Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
- Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
- Lead cross-functional teams
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
- Loves what s\he does
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.