Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Infotainment/Camera Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers imaging technology and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences and services. This multi-disciplinary team brings expertise in cameras, algorithms, performance software on state-of-the art compute platforms, and validation to the actual product. As a Multi-Camera Algorithm engineer you will research and develop dynamic multi-camera calibration algorithms underlying our high-performance adventure use cases. You will also collaborate with other domain experts and production to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Collaborate with image processing and system engineers to optimize synchronization and calibration for multi-camera system across a wide range of environmental conditions
- Develop dynamic calibration algorithms
- Collaborate with platform software to optimize real-time performance
- Analyze new camera imaging architectures from perspective of calibration
- Work with manufacturing to integrate any calibration and tests into production
- Masters in EE/Computer Science/Physics with relevant emphasis in image processing, optics, or signal processing
- 1+ years relevant hands-on experience including one R&D development cycle transferring algorithm results to a platform
- Solid understanding of camera models, calibration methods, distortion models and rectification methods, and multi-camera synchronization
- Hands-on experience developing extrinsic calibration algorithms for single and multicamera solutions
- Hands on experience developing online/dynamic calibration algorithms for single and multicamera solutions
- Good written communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with mathematic and geometric modelling in one of Matlab/Python or C/C++
- PhD in EE/Computer Science/Physics with relevant emphasis in image processing, optics, or signal processing
- Experience with calibration of Automotive surround view systems
- Track record of innovative thinking as evidenced by patents and peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with compute engines and tools for Graphics, Computer Vision, ML/AI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.