Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design software the will accelerate internal employee efficiency, understanding, and capabilities with products that range across a variety of departments including fleet management, operations management, and more
- Work on mobile native, responsive web, and in-store digital experiences
- Function as a full stack designer, engaging in user-research, interaction design, visual design, experience / product ecosystem design and strategy
- Work closely and serve as a thought partner with Product Management, Engineering, Business, and other Stakeholders to lead the design of employee facing technology solutions that will define our platforms
- Develop strong knowledge of how Rivian’s brand applies to layout, color theory, typography, language and iconography for digital products
- Collaborate with other designers in your team and with other Rivian digital experience teams (User Research, In-Vehicle UX/UI, Mobile UX/UI, Digital Commerce UX/UI, Brand, Communications) to create solutions
- Contribute to the team’s set of best practices, standards, and design guidelines
- Comfortably switch context between multiple projects, including last-minute drills
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience in enterprise or B2B product design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of design as it applies to web, mobile, and other digital products - online portfolio required for application
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative product design process
- Familiarity with design pattern standards across responsive web and native mobile
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Proficient with tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc...
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.