Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Incident Response Engineer is a hands-on technical role which is involved in all aspects of the incident response life cycle
- Investigate, analyze, improve, document and deploy.
- Build relationships
- 5+ years of cyber security experience.
- Experience as an incident responder for cybersecurity incidents, performing security incident investigations
- Analyze network traffic, endpoint indicators, and various log sources to identify potential threats, assess the potential damage, and recommend countermeasures
- Implement techniques to assist with the detection of threats
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations
- Recommend configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of threat analysis tools
- Communicate with all levels of technology and operational staff, assist in creation and follow methodologies, creating clear, concise deliverables
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, operating 24/7/365, and provide support in weekends when required.
- Support e-discovery efforts
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
- Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
- Loves what s\he does
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.