Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Create high volume of purchase requisitions
- Ensure requisitions are completed accurately and meet corporate guidelines prior to approval
- Interact with management and departmental stakeholders to answer requisition-related questions
- Create and maintain accurate supplier information in corporate database
- Participate in and drive continuous improvement projects/initiatives
- Liaise with Accounts Payable and supplier to resolve purchase order versus invoice issues
- Identify, develop, and implement purchasing process improvements
- Conduct competitive tactical and strategic sourcing initiatives
- Evaluate opportunities for cost savings through spend analysis and supplier rationalization
- Support NPI/ Program Managers with tracking shipments, planned delivery dates, inventory/receiving
- Identify, develop, and implement organizational system for tracking pre-SOP build deliveries
- Liase with Normal / Irvine teams to coordinate MRD’s for pre-SOP build events
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP, and purchase order processing
- Ability to work independently with little instruction and can adapt to change
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills and customer service approach
- Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.